Club Penguin Party Updater

Club Penguin - Waddle around and meet new friends!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Miss Cellaneous: Author-in-Training

Hello and welcome back to Miss. Cellaneous Life! Today, I'll be talking about what I do as about a quarter of my living, along with being a sister, going to school, and being a Baptist.

I am a young author. I've written many stories, and have sent two of my pieces to a writing contest here in my home state. I write short stories, and recently have made three of them a "book" because they made up a series. I first started writing around August, 2008. My father encouraged me to do it, so I did.

Writing is my past time. Most days, after school, I do my homework, then get on my computer and type till my dad comes home. I write especially when I get inspired at school. As soon as I get an idea, I write it down on scrap paper so I don't forget.

I know most authors brainstorm first, layout the characters and such like that, but most of the time I go straight to the rough draft, and brainstorm if I get stuck. Recently, I've read and written about spies, spy school, and things of that nature.

I get most my help from my dad, and my English teacher. I consider her an unofficial editor/peer observer. She is a great teacher!

I barely kept myself from salivating when she announced we were going to write fictional narratives for our writing project this month. I was upset at only how limited I was at how long the story could be. Only the fronts of four pieces of paper! I can barely fit any good details or story in only four pages!

Well, that's part of my living as an author. I really hope to one day get published and get on the New York Times Best Seller List. Until next time.... ha det!

No comments:

Post a Comment